2022 2023 EduVark > Education Discussion > General Discussion

January 16th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: ATP flight school requirements

As you want to know the requirements for getting admission in ATP flight school

So here is the TSA Requirements for Flight Training Applicants

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has issued regulations that require flight schools—including ATP—to verify students’ proof of U.S. citizenship,

US Citizens

Applicant Must bring a valid, unexpired United States Passport to the ATP
training center.

Per the regulation, ATP is required to make a copy of each pilot’s Passport and store the copy for 5 years.

This requirement has been placed on all Flight Schools. ATP stores this
information electronically for upper limit security.

If you do not have an unexpired US Passport, you can use an Original or
Certified copy of your US Government issued Birth Certificate provided it
meets acceptable criteria.

non-U.S. citizens prior to obtaining any of the following:

Initial FAA pilot certificate training

Initial FAA instrument training

Initial FAA multi-engine training

Any training in an aircraft over 12,500 lbs.

Please Note

A U.S. Military ID does not constitute proof of U.S. Citizenship for the
purposes of the TSA regulation. (Your training with ATP is not accomplished
under a government contract.)

Do not bring a Birth Certificate as proof of U.S. Citizenship without first
verifying that it meets all of the acceptable criteria.

Regulation Excerpt

The following excerpt of the regulation describes acceptable forms of proof of U.S. Citizenship.

carefully follow ATP’s recommendations above to ensure compliance and a
trouble-free experience upon arriving for training.

49 U.S.C. 114, 44939, 1552.3

(1) U.S. citizens and nationals. To establish U.S. citizenship or nationality an
individual must present to the flight school his or her:

(i) Valid, unexpired United States passport;

(ii) Original or government-issued certified birth certificate of the United
States, American Samoa, or Swains Island, together with a government-
issued picture identification of the individual;

(iii) Original United States naturalization certificate with raised seal, or a
Certificate of Naturalization issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services (USCIS) or the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
(Form N-550 or Form N-570), together with a government-issued picture
identification of the individual;

(iv) Original certification of birth abroad with raised seal, U.S. Department of
State Form FS-545, or U.S. Department of State Form DS- 1350, together
with a government-issued picture identification of the individual;

(v) Original certificate of United States citizenship with raised seal, a
Certificate of United States Citizenship issued by the USCIS or INS (Form N-
560 or Form N-561), or a Certificate of Repatriation issued by the USCIS or
INS (Form N-581), together with a government-issued picture identification
of the individual; or

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8