2023 2024 EduVark > Education Discussion > General Discussion

February 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

UGC Phd rules

I want to do PhD from UGC. So I want to know about the rules and regulations for PhD program.Please give me the details.

As per Rules and Regulations of UGC for Ph.D Admissions through NET Entrance Exam, candidates must fulfil following requirements:

Eligibility criteria for admission to the M.Phil. Programme: Must have Master Degree or its Equivalent Degree from recognized University with minimum 55% Marks
OR
Its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale

Relaxation:
Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission

Eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D.Programme: Master’s Degree holders satisfying the criteria stipulated above.

Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme

Relaxation:
Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission

Person whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution;

Duration of the Programme:

M.Phil:
Minimum duration of two (2) consecutive semesters / one year and a Maximum of four (4) consecutive semesters / two years.

Ph.D
Minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.

The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of one year for M.Phil and two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration.

UGC Rules and Regulations for Ph.D

Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC Rules and Regulations for Ph.D .pdf (181.8 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by Neelurk; March 6th, 2020 at 08:10 AM.