2023 2024 EduVark > Education Discussion > General Discussion

February 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

SCRA India

I want to know career in Railways ,Is the career in railways are good what are the facilities provided to employees and what is the salary package for them and what will be dates for SCARA entrance 2012 and eligibility criteria.

Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) is a programme by which candidates are selected by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) India, to train in the undergraduate program in mechanical engineering

Eligibility for SCRA:-

Age Limit:- 17-21 years.

Upper Age Relaxation:-

SC/ST - 5 years
OBC - 3 years

Educational Qualification:-

Must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent examination of a university or board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and atleast one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

Examination will be conducted in two parts:

Part I contains –

Paper I: General Ability Test (GK, English & Psychological Test): The total marks will be 200.

Paper II: Physical Sciences (Physics & Chemistry): The total marks will be 200.

Paper III: Mathematics: The total marks will be 200.

Overall Marks: 600 Marks

The exam duration will be 2 Hours for each paper.

Part II covers a personality test of 200 marks. However, this part will be conducted only for those candidates, who have qualified their written examination.

Last edited by Neelurk; March 27th, 2020 at 02:11 PM.